This instructional sewing video was developed to answer requests from Threads readers for a behind-the-scenes look at how professionals construct fine clothing worthy of designer labels.|
Threads Magazine along with nationally recognized sewing expertLouise Cutting demonstrate the timeless techniques and attention to detail that define well-sewn clothing.
This informative video reveals clever designer tips and little-known industry techniques that range from sewing the narrow hem inspired by a top designer.
Now you can see how pros overcome the common problems the home sewer encounters, including how to sew:
· Chapter 1 Supplies
· Chapter 2 Get the Right Button Placement
· Chapter 3 Make a Hidden Button placket
· Chapter 4 How to remove a bust dart
· Chapter 5 Add a bust dart to a pattern
· Chapter 6 Swing Out the Side Seam
· Chapter 7 Add width at the hem but keep the shoulder width the same
· Chapter 8 Transpose a neckline from one pattern to another
· Chapter 9 Lowering a front jewel neckline and front facing
· Chapter 10 Lengthen the back neck facing
· Chapter 11 Four Deconstructed Edges
This video is your guide to mastering those all-important tailoring touches that will enhance every garment you sew.
Louise Cutting is an accomplished designer, sewing instructor, and creator of Cutting Line Designs Pattern Company.